Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I love living in a small town

I love living in a small town... for example, I'm planning to have a yard sale this Sat. so I go to the internet to look up the phone number on the newspaper's website so I can place an ad. I see "Classified Sales" and a phone number with extension #21... so I call the number and a nice lady answers the phone very politely, here's what happened next:
Me: Hello, extension 21 please.
Nice Lady: One moment...(pause)...we don't have an extension 21.
Me: (only slightly confused because, well, I've been in this town for 3 years) Ok, classified sales then please.
Nice Lady: (sounding very confused) Umm, who are you trying to call?
Me: I'd like to place a classified ad and I got this info from your website...
Nice Lady: Ok,...(pause)...now what is it that you needed? (still sounding confused)
Me: I'd like to talk to someone who can give me information about running a classified ad. (??)
Nice Lady: (sounds of confusion still coming through the phone line as she's trying to decide who to pass my call to)...okay, so you probably want to talk to, well, hmmmm...
Me: (trying a different approach) Maybe you can help me--I'm having a yard sale on Saturday and want to put an ad in the paper about it.
Nice Lady: Ok! (as if to say, why didn't you say so in the beginning?)

Seriously? Why didn't I?? :) -- after this she was very helpful and answered all (well, most) of my questions. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment